Sunday night is not a moment when I like to cook. I want a simple dish but indulgent dish that still give me pleasure (no, the weekend is not over). The hot camembert is perfect for the occasion.
Easy and quick to prepare, it will make you happy and stop your stomach to growl until Monday morning. You can pair it with a salad, walnuts, bread (I love it with olive bread); sun -dried tomatoes and why not, some charcuterie (like slices of dry duck breast, delicious).
We usually eat bread, sun-dried tomatoes and salad with the camembert and sometimes, if we want to indulge ourselves even more, we drink a little red wine with it (you have to take care of your heart!)
I have found various hot camembert recipe where you can add some maple syrup to it, and it must be good actually. In Belgium, they do a similar thing; they do brie and Liege Syrup pie. Liege syrup is a syrup made from pears (for the classic one).
Here is a simple recipe I use! Bon appétit!
By March 16, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 camembert (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
Easy recipe for a quick diner. Delicious served with French loaf, salad, charcuterie...
- 1 Camembert
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes
- Salad dressing
- Salt/Black Pepper
- 4 Slices French bread loaf or any other bread
- Preheat your oven on 200ºC.
- Get the camembert out of its paper and put it back to the wood or carton case. Push the garlic cloves in the cheese and put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While it is cooking, prepare the siders on plates or wood boards (it's more original ;)) like the salad, sun-dried tomatoes, charcuterie...
- After 10 minutes, check the cheese and if the edges are a bit coloured it should be ready.