Autumn is already here! So, here we go, let’s enjoy our warm and creamy soup!
My chestnut soup is my second “Four Seasons Food” Challenge and I will try to keep up and enter at least one recipe for each season! My chestnut soup is also a celebration for good news!
This Friday I will be at the BBC Good Food Show Scotland thanks to Cakeyboi! I am really looking forward to discover new products and gadgets!! I give you some news during the weekend.
For now I leave you with my delicious autumn recipe of the chestnut velouté!
Chestnut velouté with crispy bacon
By October 15, 2013Published:
- Yield: 2 or 4 bowls depending of the size of the portion (2 or 4 Servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 50 mins
Chestnut soup prepared with bacon, onion and homemade chicken stock
- 350 gr Pilled Chestnuts fresh, canned or freezed
- 300 ml Chicken stock Homemade is tastier and less salty
- 300 ml Water
- 1 Oinion
- Diced bacon
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Crème fraiche
- Pill the onion and slice it. Put it in a pan with some olive oil and salt to avoid burning them (that's a trick that I learned although if the temperature is too high it will still burn). Cook them until reduced and add the chestnuts.
- Add the stock, the water and 3 to 4 pieces of diced bacon (not more otherwise it could salt too much the soup). Cover with a lid and let cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, verify if the chestnuts are properly cooked. If so, add 2 spoons of crème fraiche and blend the soup with a blender or a hand mixer. Serve in a bowl with some grilled bacon and/or chestnuts and/or some croutons.