Easy family friendly recipe for a Sunday lunch…
After tasting several long recipes that where not very successful, I finally found this easy recipe (for kids) in the Jamie Oliver Magazine of June. This recipe allow me to get bread on the table before that my traditional French loaf is proofed and baked, which gives a point to the focaccia.
There is nothing more delicious than a fresh focaccia with roasted chicken! Yummi! Or at 4 O’Clock for tea time (I’m more savoury than sweet)
In addition to the good bread, what I like the most are the small roasted garlic cloves on top of the focaccia. If you like them well cooked, you should put them in the oven while it is preheating in order to get them very tender after the 20 minutes cooking time of the focaccia.
Rosemary and garlic Focaccia
By September 7, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 loaf (8 Servings)
- Prep: 1 hr 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
Very easy recipe for a delicious crunchy and soft focaccia
- 400 gr Flour
- 100 gr Semolina flour
- 7 gr Dry yeast
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Sugar
- Olive Oil
- some Rosemary leafs
- some Garlic cloves
- Mix the flours together and the salt in a bowl. Make hole in the middle.
- Mix the water with the sugar and the yeast to obtain a foamy liquid. Add the liquid to the flours (in the hole :)) and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Dust a working surface with the flour and knead the dough for about 5 mins until you get a soft and elastic dough. Oil a bowl and add the dough to let it rest for about 30 mins under a clean tea towel. The dough should have double of size before working it again.
- Preheat the oven at 220ºC Crush the garlic cloves and mix it in a bowl with the rosemary, the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When the dough doubled in size, spread the dough with your hands into a baking tray (do not roll it or spread it to finely= min 1 cm) or a cake tin to keep the shape of the focaccia Then scatter the garlic cloves, the rosemary pushing then into the dough. Finish with a little olive oil.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 mins until golden. That's it! Quick and easy!!!! 🙂